Just about everyone has a cellphone and new shopping apps you can use on them are springing up every week. Many of them can help you save money via percent off coupons, tell you about daily deals, or provide rebates. Here are ten you might want to check out…
- LivingSocial – This shopping app that works on both Android and iOS will help you find local deals that are up to 90 percent off. You can match the deals to your shopping list.
- Amazon Price Check – This app helps you scan barcodes in person to find out if you can get the item less expensively online or at another store. It works across platforms and can be downloaded from the Amazon site here:
- Groupon – This Smartphone shopping app shows your local deals that offer deep discounts. Plus, you can set it up so that it only sends you deals for things you like to buy.
- TheCoupons App – This coupon app works on both iOS and Android. You can get coupons for local stores, share them with your friends and family, and even see some of the Groupon deals through this app (you still need Groupon).
- FastMall – Get directions to local stores, find out what sales are there, and even know where you parked. I believe it’s only on iPhone right now. If you like shopping at local malls, this app is for you.
- COSIGN – This app is unique in that it not only helps you find great items to buy, it also helps you make some money for recommending the same thing you bought to others. You do it all from social media. It’s only on iPhone right now.
- Ebates – Lots of people have recommended this app because what it does is let you earn cash back for in-store and online purchases. You can scan products to compare prices, track your cash back, and more.
- Favado – This amazing app that works on Android and iOS lets you shop at more than one store at a time. When you make your grocery list, it pulls in known coupons automatically so that you always get the best price.
- Checkout51 – This is a website and an app that works on iOS and Android. It sends out rebates and coupons every Thursday to its users for things you buy at a retail store. You can get a check each time your rebate equals $20.00.
- Walmart Savings Catcher – I’ve used this couple of times. You scan your receipt or enter the number of the receipt and they’ll give you money if any of your items go on sale or can be found cheaper elsewhere.